The d-scan is an inline, compact and high-performance device for the simultaneous measurement and compression of even the most demanding ultrashort laser pulses
Sphere Ultrafast Photonics is committed to finding the best solution for measuring your laser system, providing custom solutions covering different wavelength ranges, pulse durations and repetition rates
Benefiting from more than 15 years of experience, Sphere Ultrafast Photonics offers a new generation of products and services in the ultrafast pulsed laser regime
Would you like to join our team? Then don’t hesitate to apply to our open positions or write us here
Department: Engineering & Product Development
Location: Porto, Portugal
As part of the company you will be joining one of the leading companies in measuring and manufacturing few-cycle femtosecond laser technology.
After a training period we expect you to work independently and to lead a variety of proposed tasks. Your duties would include the manufacturing of our portfolio products, assembly of optical setups, R&D tasks in ongoing projects and maintenance tasks.
It is expected that you develop strong relationships with the company stakeholders. We also offer you, at a later stage, the possibility of training in advance topics related with ultrafast lasers and research in our field of expertise (building, measuring and controlling femtosecond lasers). We also encourage our employees to empower themselves to perform advanced training courses.
The candidate should have a Master or Engineering degree in Physics, Physics Engineering or equivalent. Specialization in Optics/Photonics.
– Previous hands-on experience in femtosecond lasers and their design is strongly recommended
– Scientific programming in Matlab, LabView, C# or other
– Fluent knowledge of English (both written and spoken)
– Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Other desirable skills
– At least 3 years of experience working in photonics or optoelectronics.
– Experience in development of equipment control and data acquisition software
– Experience in mechanical CAD design (Solidworks or other) and optical ray tracing (FRED or other)
– Ability to structure own tasks and work independently as well as in diverse cross-functional teams
– Ability to build relationships paired with excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to properly handle problem resolutionComfortable working in diverse environments and adherence to the highest ethical standards
Applications should be sent directly to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org until the 30th of September 2020 with the subject OPTICAL ENGINEER.